Partial and complete facility closures are in place.
Community members are encouraged to use these areas for walking, jogging, and other activities, but not to congregate. Remember to follow safe social distancing guidelines. If an area is too crowded, consider visiting at a different time or visiting another location.
Be advised that due to reduced staffing levels, shared park amenities are not being regularly cleaned or sanitized. To help safeguard our community, please observe CDC guidance on stopping the spread of germs and review the Parks & Recreation COVID-19 page to keep up to date with our errors to flatten the curve.
See the comprehensive list of Parks & Recreation system status and availability.
The following facilities will be closed until further notice in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Beach Flats Community Center
- Civic Auditorium
- Depot Park
- Freight Building
- Scott Kennedy Fields
- Harvey West Clubhouse/Scouthouse
- Harvey West Pool
- Louden Nelson Community Center
- Market Street Theater/Senior Center Opportunities (SCO)
- Surfing Museum
*Signage has been posted at affected facilities.
The following facilities will be open and respecting the Shelter in Place order for Social Distancing Requirements as defined in Section 10 and limits non-essential travel and visitors are advised that there is no essential travel that requires crossing county lines for recreational purposes per Santa Cruz County Health.
- Santa Cruz Wharf UPDATE:
- Wharf parking will no longer have a 20 minute limit and summer rates will resume ($3/ hour)
- Parking from the Gates to Boast Rentals will be allowed on both the East and West sides
- From Boat Rentals to the End parking will only be allowed on the East Side (Boardwalk Side) including the East Lot
- We are not allowing parking in front of businesses for any reason on the West Side to allow for proper social distancing on sidewalks and business queues that might extended into the street
- Face masks are needed on the Wharf unless exercising: no mask, no service at all businesses
- Social distancing is necessary, please maintain 6ft distance from our essential workers and others
- Picnics, setting up tables, pop ups, umbrellas, chairs, etc. is NOT allowed in open parking spaces
- Wharf continues to be open from 5AM to 2AM daily
- Beaches are open as of 6/26/2020
- All restrooms will be open
- We have 11 hand sanitizing stations for the public to use