COVID-19 UPDATE | The City is coordinating closely with our public health officials at the Santa Cruz County Health Department to prevent the further spread COVID-19. In an effort to protect you and our community, changes and measures have been adopted in daily operations and activities. For further details please click here for the City’s Response to COVID-19
- Wharf parking will no longer have a 20 minute limit and summer rates will resume ($3/ hour)
- Parking from the Gates to Boast Rentals will be allowed on both the East and West sides
- From Boat Rentals to the End parking will only be allowed on the East Side (Boardwalk Side) including the East Lot
- We are not allowing parking in front of businesses for any reason on the West Side to allow for proper social distancing on sidewalks and business queues that might extended into the street
- Face masks are needed on the Wharf unless exercising: no mask, no service at all businesses - Social distancing is necessary, please maintain 6ft distance from our essential workers and others
- Picnics, setting up tables, pop ups, umbrellas, chairs, etc. is NOT allowed in open parking spaces
- Wharf continues to be open from 5 AM to 2 AM daily
- All restrooms will be open.
- We have 11 hand sanitizing stations for the public to use
Beaches: In compliance with the updated Santa Cruz County Public Health Order issued June 24, City of Santa Cruz beaches will be open as of June 25 at 11:59pm. We ask visitors to help us stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community by remembering to do the following:
✔️Wear a mask - the order is still in effect ✔️Wash your hands ✔️ Keep 6 foot distance
"Pack it in, Pack it out": There are reduced trash services on the beaches at this time. If you are using the beach we ask you to be responsible and take your trash with you when you leave.
Curfews for Cowell and Main Beach remain in effect from midnight to one hour before sunrise as stipulated in the City of Santa Cruz Beach Management Plan and in accordance with City municipal code 13.04.