COVID-19 UPDATE | The City is coordinating closely with our public health officials at the Santa Cruz County Health Department to prevent the further spread COVID-19. In an effort to protect you and our community, changes and measures have been adopted in daily operations and activities. For further details please click here for the City’s Response to COVID-19
- Wharf parking is available along both sides of the Wharf at summer rates ($3/ hour) in spaces not reserved with no parking signs or spaces otherwise barricaded to allow for outside dining.
- Face masks are a must on the Wharf unless exercising in a public area where distances greater than six feet from others can be maintained at all times: no mask, no service at all businesses - Social distancing is necessary to keep our shops, restaurants, and public areas open, please maintain 6ft distance from all others outside your family group.
- Picnics, setting up tables, pop ups, umbrellas, chairs, etc. are NOT allowed in open parking spaces or to obstruct social distancing on public areas and walkways.
- Wharf continues to be open from 5 AM to 2 AM daily
- All Wharf and beach restrooms are currently open and operable.
- Eleven hand sanitizing stations are available along the west side of the Wharf for your protection.
Beaches: In compliance with the updated Santa Cruz County Public Health Order issued June 24, City of Santa Cruz beaches will be open as of June 25 at 11:59pm. We ask visitors to help us stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community by remembering to do the following:
✔️Wear a mask - the order is still in effect ✔️Wash your hands ✔️ Keep 6 foot distance
"Pack it in, Pack it out": There are reduced trash services on the beaches at this time. If you are using the beach we ask you to be responsible and take your trash with you when you leave.
Curfews for Cowell and Main Beach remain in effect from midnight to one hour before sunrise as stipulated in the City of Santa Cruz Beach Management Plan and in accordance with City municipal code 13.04.