September 27, 2018 Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Community Workshop
Police Department Community Room, 155 Center Street 6:00 pm
The City of Santa Cruz is getting ready to change the regulations for Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) regulations in order to encourage the creation of more units to help meet the local need for rental and family housing. Join us for a discussion of the proposed zoning requirements and help shape the City’s policy.
Topics to be discussed:
• Changing parking requirements
• Easing development standards
• Establishing the maximum size of a unit
• Considering changes to the owner-occupancy requirement
• Adjusting the qualifications for reduced fees
• Required changes to the thresholds for public hearings
Documents for 09/27/18 ADU Community Workshop
- ADU Workshop Press Release
- Community Meeting Flyer - Final
- Presentation--ADU Workshop--09-27-18
- 2 ADUs per Parcel
- Increasing Maximum Rear Lot Coverage Proposal(2)
- Owner Occupancy Requirement
- Parking Reductions
- Site and Building Standards
- Standards for Conversion ADUs for fee waivers
- State Law Requirements
- STRs in ADUs
July 17, 2018 Community Meeting
Police Department Community Room, 155 Center Street
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 the City of Santa Cruz Department of Planning and Community Development held a Community Meeting on policy and ordinance updates. The meeting began at 6:00 P.M. in the Police Department Community Room, located at 155 Center Street, Santa Cruz and lasted approximately one hour.
Staff gave a brief presentation on the topics being discussed, then invited the community to participate in an open house-style meeting where attendees could visit tables related to the various topics could learn more.
Topics included potential updates to the Tenant Relocation Assistance Ordinance, potential Cannabis Ordinance Updates and the department’s draft Community Outreach Policy. Staff also provided an update on the status of proposed State-wide Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) legislation and requested input from the community on how to make the ADU development process easier.
The meeting flyer, agenda, presentation and topic specific materials may be viewed by clicking on the link below:
For more information on the proposed Tenant Relocation Assistance Ordinance amendments please contact:
For more information on the proposed Community Outreach Policy and Cannabis Ordinance updates please contact:
For more information on proposed ADU Ordinance updates, or to make suggestions on how to improve the ADU development process, please contact: