COVID-19 UPDATE | The City is coordinating closely with our public health officials at the Santa Cruz County Health Department to prevent the further spread COVID-19. In an effort to protect you and our community, changes and measures have been adopted in daily operations and activities. For further details please click here for the City’s Response to COVID-19

Public Information Request

This form is meant for public information requests for the Planning and Community Development Department. 

The California Public Records Request Act allows entities 10 calendar days to make a determination as to whether:

  1. responsive records have been identified and when the City department expects to disclose them OR
  2. provide a notice of a 14-day extension because further searching for the records is necessary to make such a determination OR
  3. inform the requester that no disclosable or responsive records exist 

 While we attempt to respond and provide records as soon as possible, the 10 calendar days is important in managing the high volume of requests we process on a first-come first-serve basis.


Please correct the field(s) marked in red below:

Planning and Community Development Information Request

Fill out this form if you would like to request public information on permits and other planning and building documents.
If you are requesting a building plan, drawings, structural calculations, or reports that are prepared by a licensed architect or engineer please fill out the downloadable Affidavit and return it to Nydia Patino, Records Coordinator, at or by mail to 809 Center Street, Room 107, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.

Contact information:
Date Requested:
Contact Information
Contact Information

When research is expected to take longer than ten (10) days, you will be notified within ten (10) days of the date of your request.


Plans for building permits prepared by a licensed architect or engineer are copy righted material and require permission of the architect and/or engineer, as well as permission of the current property owner in order to be reproduced. Please refer to California Health and Safety Code Section 19851.

  1. To receive a copy of your submission, please fill out your email address below and submit.