ePermits Available Online for Licensed Roofing Contractors
Currently, only licensed roofing contractors may apply for roofing permits online.
We are currently in process of taking the following applications online using eTrakiT:
Submitting New Building Permit Applications
The Building Counter is now virtual due to the shelter-in-place orders. We are still here to help you through alternative means. We are accepting building permit applications via email. Please follow the instructions below to apply for your building permit. Roofing contractors interested in applying for roofing permits, please see the ePermits section above.
- Complete the Building Permit Application
- Once complete, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. (This step is for submitting the application only, plans are not to be submitted at this step.)
Staff will contact you within 2 working days with next steps to complete your permit application. Once your application has been reviewed and processed, staff will direct you on how to pay for your application and submit required plans and documents.
Submitting Plan Check Resubmittals or Revisions
- Email email@example.com to request to resubmit, see below for instructions:
- Include your permit number(s) and job address
- Include whether this is a plan review resubmittal or revision
- If requesting to submit a revision (revisions are changes to issued permits or approved plans) include the full scope of the revision
- Indicate whether you wish to submit electronic or paper plans
Please Note: plans are not to be submitted at this step.
Staff will contact you within 2 working days with next steps to submit your plans.
Feedback on Evolving Processes
Submitting permits electronically is a new and evolving process for us while we adapt to new circumstances due to COVID19. We appreciate your patience while we navigate this new territory. Please direct any constructive criticism regarding new processes to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Obtaining an Online Roofing Permit
- Check Permit Status
- Check Plan Review Comments
- Permit Resubmittal Application (Coming Soon...estimated date 4/23/20)
Public Users and Registered Users: Are you an Etrakit User?
Within Etrakit, our online portal, we provide the ability to search and view current permits, planning and business license record information and more. Public users are able to search records relating to building permits. Registered users are able to view the status of their existing permits, attach documents, and in some cases schedule inspections for their active permits.
|May apply for available ePermits, schedule inspections, cancel inspections, view plan check status online, attach documents. Requires City issued log in.|
|May create a log in to view records and check permit status.|
Are you a Licensed Contractor and Want to Request a City Issued log in?
Feel free to call (831) 420-5417 or email.
Guides and Information