Santa Cruz Police Warn the Public to be Aware of COVID-19 Scams:
La policía de Santa Cruz advierte al público que esté al tanto de las estafas de COVID-19:
Santa Cruz Police Command Staff | Covid-19 Update:
You Are Not Alone Program - SCPD Community Support Program:
SCPD: Keeping Stores Safe From Burglaries
COVID-19 Update regarding the reopening of the City of Santa Cruz parks, beaches, and trails:
Video messages from Police Chief Andrew Mills on COVID-19 Update and the Shelter in Place Order:
April 5, 2020 Chief Mills Update - Response to COVID-19:
SCPD COVID-19 Response:
Find answers to FAQ's about the temporary closure of public parks, trails & trailheads, beaches & beach access points here.
The Santa Cruz Police Department is committed to providing exceptional public safety services and taking a leadership role in building community partnerships. We are committed to core values that include public safety, integrity, accountability, professionalism, respect and equal treatment for all.
It is important for us to stay connected to our community. It is also important for us to inform you about what's going on in town, and the work that we're doing.
Santa Cruz Police Department is dedicated to our community with ongoing efforts to keep Santa Cruz a safe place to live, work and raise a family.
Communicate openly, transparently, and frequently.
Serve our community with compassion, innovation, and responsiveness.
Provide safety that improves the quality of life and wellness for all.
Exude professionalism through knowledge, respect, and loyalty.
Collaborate through partnerships, empowerment, and teamwork with focused direction intent on the maintenance of order.
- Foster a Problem Oriented Focus
- Increase Proactivity
- Employ Justice programs and partnerships
- Leverage Data and Technology
- Ensure community education and engagement
- Implement Evolving Community Policing Strategies
- Greater Community Engagement
- Neighborhood Policing Initiatives
- Empowerment and Ownership
- Intervention and Prevention Programs
- Increase Volunteerism
Employee Development and Wellness
- Improve Staffing
- Resource Allocation
- Wellness Programming
- Employee Engagement
- Development and Mentoring
- Improve consistency of communication
- Standardize and update SOP and Policies
- Improve Deployment Management and Strategies
- Include Leadership Development and Engagement
- Design Session Strategies
- Ensure Comprehensive Accountability
Technology and Infrastructure
- Acquire a new RMS/CAD
- Improve Property Management and Tracking
- Improve the Access to Information via Modernization
- Standardized use of current and future technology
- Research and development of innovative technology
- Safeguard against constitutional infringements