COVID-19 UPDATE | The City is coordinating closely with our public health officials at the Santa Cruz County Health Department to prevent the further spread COVID-19. In an effort to protect you and our community, changes and measures have been adopted in daily operations and activities. For further details please click here for the City’s Response to COVID-19

How do I?

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Blogger Icon Facebook-icon-SCPD Twitter-icon-SCPD Nixle icon Pinterest_Icon Instagram_Icon



If you are reporting a non-emergency issue, you can use our online police reporting system in certain circumstances.   It is available in English and Spanish. This website can be used to report harassing phone calls, hit and runs, lost property, theft, identity theft, vehicle burglary, vehicle tampering and vandalism cases unless you know or think you know the suspect. If you have suspect information, you should work directly with a police officer by calling or visiting the police department. If you need an officer response please dial 911.

Abandoned Vehicles
Vehicles left parked on a public street for a period of over 72 hours may be considered abandoned. To notify the Police Department of an abandoned vehicle call 831-420-5863, or click here for more information.

Leave a Tip
TIP - Crime Tip Line 831-420-5995
Anonymous information may be left on an answering machine in the police department through the Crime Tip Line. This line is checked on a daily basis. To report a tip online, click here. DO NOT use this form for an emergency or to file a crime report.

Traffic Concerns
To report a traffic concern in your neighborhood, click here.

How to get a job with the department
The Santa Cruz Police Department invites you to join our team of talented and dedicated professionals. Click here to learn more.

Schedule a Ride-Along
Take the opportunity to observe the Santa Cruz Police Department at work first-hand. The "Ride-Along" program will allow you to hear and see exactly how situations are handled and to give you better insight to evaluate the quality of your Police Department personnel.   Click here to learn more about the Ride-Along Program. 

Temporary Restraining Orders
Domestic Violence and Harassment. Both types of TRO's, with forms and instructions, can be obtained at the County Clerk's office at 701 Ocean Street, the County Courthouse. TRO's are used to protect an individual by keeping another individual away from them and their children at their residence, place of employment, and via telephone or mail. There is a fee for a Harassment TRO. There are several agencies that can assist you with filling out a Temporary Restraining Order; Women's Crisis Support at 831-429-1478 and Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Cruz County at 831-458-1086.

Arrest Warrants  
Most warrants issued by the Santa Cruz County Superior Court are online, click here to access the online database.

Find Out if Someone is in Jail
Click here to access the inmate database.

Megan's Law Information
All public viewing of the Megan's Law Database is arranged through the County Sheriff's Office. Arrangements can be made with Sheriff's staff either at their main office at 701 Ocean Street in Santa Cruz or at any of their service centers. Access to the file requires you to fill out a request form. There is a 900 number available to check names on the database for a fee. The number is 1-900-448-3000. Additional sex offender information is available at the California Attorney General's website at:

Sign-up for Crime Alerts

Receive trusted, instant information directly from the Santa Cruz Police Department. Information is delivered by text message and email. Click here to subscribe to our occasional alerts. The service is provided by Nixle and is free to residents and the Santa Cruz Police Department. Standard text messaging rates may apply.

Bicycle License

A bicycle license is required for bicycles operated on any public street or sidewalk, or upon any public path set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles (Municipal Code 10.68.110).  Click here for more information.

Back to Top