The City offers solutions for unwanted items as follows:
- USE CITY OF SANTA CRUZ BULKY ITEM TAGS- Account Holder (Utility bill in your name)Schedule a pick up of unwanted furniture and appliances 831-420-5220
- RENTER?- Pick up services available for Non-Account Holders (utility bill not in your name)- Complete this form.
- ENLIST THE HELP OF A HAULING SERVICE- Have lots of stuff? Check local listing for companies that specialize in Junk removal and hauling. This will save you a trip to the landfill.
- RECYCLE RIGHT! Use the Recycle Guide or What Goes Where App as a reference when choosing what to place in your blue recycle cart. Carts with contamination may not be emptied and may incur extra fees.
- REPAIR IT!- You Tube has information on all sorts of REPAIR projects. Who knows you might learn a new skill and save something from the landfill
- NO FREE STUFF ON THE CURB- Don't leave items on the Curb with a Free Sign. These items impair safe navigation of our sidewalks, and often are relocated to our creeks and open spaces and are subject to Illegal Dumping charges.
- Donate clean working items in good condition to Good Will, Salvation Army or Family Thrift or share on Free Cycle, or Craigslist Free.
- Easy Curbside Recycle Guide [PDF]
- Household Hazardous Waste Brochure [PDF]
Waste Reduction Program Staff Email
Phone: 831 420-5593